Accounts Payable Clerk required for a large business in Coventry.
The position of Accounts Payable Clerk is to be the control point through both effective internal business partnering and workload prioritisation to ensure the Company makes payment for goods and services in accordance with agreed terms and properly records the transactions. The role will be responsible for the general AP activities such as posting of invoices and supplier statement reconciliations, filing and archiving, automated payment runs, coding of invoices, matching to PO's and manual/same day transactions.
Additional requirements within this role would be end to end vendor management, multi-currency payments and postings, exception reporting, managing accruals and prepayments, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, business process improvement and providing analytics and KPI metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Ensure all documents are filed archived and referenced appropriately
- Help to reconcile Lloyds corporate cards ensure adherence to company policy
- Accounts Payable processes such as invoice posting and coding of expenditure
- Preparation and Co-ordination of timely payment runs automated, manual and foreign currency
- Petty cash processes and reconciliations
- Management and reconciliation of cash-top up cards
- Communications with external suppliers and internal business partners as required
- End to end Vendor management relating to transactions.
- AP/AR ledger contra
- Manipulation and completion of various reporting spreadsheets
- Month end reconciliation of AP ledger to General Ledger
- Preparation and reconciliation of AP accruals and prepayments.
- Analysis of AP KPIs & metrics
- Exception reporting
Education, Experience and Attributes:
- Experience of working within a high volume multicurrency Accounts payable function.
- Systems and IT skills/ Microsoft Excel to a good level - used to working with automated and manual processes
- Significant use of own initiative and impact on others
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal - perceived as confident in own abilities
- EMEA experience to include multicurrency transactional postings
- Language skills, must include excellent English verbal and written - desirable
- Keen to progress or be comfortable at the required level showing good levels of enthusiasm
- Great time management and prioritisation skills are a must have
- High level of integrity
- Highly organised and able to prioritise work in a busy environment
- Diligent and conscientious
- accounts payable purchase ledger invoice processing